Work Location: IL or NE
Job Description: Accounting Assistant (AR/AP)
Position Type: Hourly, FT/PT
The Accounting Assistant is responsible for performing crucial bookkeeping and accounting tasks including ensuring vendors get
paid for materials received and services rendered, customer invoices are processed timely, and will assist in the preparation of and maintenance of accounting books and records. He/she will review and process customer and vendor invoices, audit credit card bills, answer vendor inquiries, assist with collections, reconcile vendor statements, and process and maintain 1099 tax statements. The Accounting Assistant may assist in reconciling bank records and preparing draft financial documents.
- Maintain accurate records, including ledgers, journals, receipts, and invoices.
- Invoice customers and process incoming payments made by check, credit card, and EFT.
- Monitor accounts receivable balances and follow up on outstanding amounts due.
- Verify the accuracy of vendor invoices and confirm that the correct general ledger account codes are used. Assist in
generating payment to vendors on a routine schedule.
- Review and follow up on unpaid customer or vendor invoices and maintain accurate files.
- Prepare and generate monthly financial reports and assist in reconciling accounting records.
- Assist with the preparation for annual audits.
- Assist in drafting and monitoring company policies and procedures.
- Assist in various HR functions as assigned.
- Monitor supplier performance; develop, track, and maintain supplier scorecard.
- Assist in the maintenance of a filing system for financial information, records, and documents to ensure ease of retrieval.
- Track expenses, prepare analyses of accounts and related financial activity to produce monthly financial reports.
- Perform administrative and other tasks as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications and Core Skills:
- High School Diploma Required.
- Associates Degree in accounting, business, or related work experience highly desired.
- College courses in accounting are preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- 2 to 3 years performing basic bookkeeping, accounts payable, accounts receivable experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and prior experience with accounting software and/or systems.
- Strong problem-solving skills and work ethics.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Good organization and time management skills as well as the ability to multitask.
- Demonstrated professionalism in working with customers and suppliers.
- Ability to achieve departmental goals.
- Experience with QuickBooks or NetSuite a plus.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Work is performed predominantly in an office environment. Sitting for extended periods is common.
- Ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers is crucial.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, to receive ordinary information, and to prepare or inspect documents.
- No heavy lifting is expected. Exertion of up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally may be required.
- Good manual dexterity for the use of common office equipment, such as a computer, calculator, copier/scanner, telephone, and fax machine.
- Good reasoning and math ability, as well as language skills, are required to solve a wide range of business problems.
- Must be able to develop and use management reports, memos, and other documents to conduct business.
- Minimal travel expected.
Company Benefits (Subject to Company Policy and Plan Administration):
- Health, Life, Dental, and Vision options. Company provided match.
- 401K Program, no current Company match
- Term Life Insurance Policy, Company funded
- Paid Time Off
IFM is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We are committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at IFM are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, age, religion or belief, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. IFM will not tolerate discrimination or harassment and doing so, may be grounds for dismissal.